[AT] OT: Stripped hole repair was Cast iron work on a replica cannon

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri May 3 08:04:10 PDT 2019

The Keensert mentioned by others has the benefit of lower tooling cost.  It
uses a standard tap.  For the 1/2-13 repair we are discussing, the correct
tap is 5/8-11.  Most of us probably know somebody we could borrow a tap
from, if we don't already own one.  The insert itself is cheap, a few
dollars, and there's a $15 installation tool.

SO