[AT] mechanical power lift

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 17:42:04 PDT 2019

Seeing that it was PTO driven helps understanding a lot. Thank you both.

[John Maxwell] James,  I attached a photo credited to the Yesterday's Tractors list serve/website.  I saw one in operation at a JD Expo years ago, .... I would be too nervous to use one for fear the release trip might fail.

[Dean Van P]  James, Here is a picture From the GP Parts Book for the Mechanical Lift combined with the PTO and the Foot Lever to actuate it. It was driven off the engine but was not live Power.  I know very little about the C, GP, GPWT, GPO series of tractors so it would take me some research time to try to explain exactly how it worked.

[ James Peck] This talks about the John Deere GP having a mechanical (rather than hydraulic) power lift. How was it actuated, a lever?

https://www.gasenginemagazine.com/tractors/brief-history-of-the-john-deere-two-cylinder-tractors