[AT] Deere 660 rake plus

jdnut at aol.com jdnut at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 13:14:48 PDT 2019

Spencer,Sorry that the enclosed picture of the 660 rake from the parts manual didn't work.  I hope this one with the attachment does, but it is from a distance.  This was from the days that I thought I still liked to buck hay bales.  A 1945 "A" is on the rake, a Model "50" is hooked a 214WS baler.  My rake is 300 miles away.... so I can't look at it, but I generally thought it was a nice piece of equipment, but I am prejudiced towards the green stuff.  There was one issue with mine.... right at the bend in the left yellow reel support.... as I recall there is a hole for a cable guide or something like that.... anyway.. mine had started to develop a crack.  I didn't think putting a hole right at that bend was the best engineering.  I had the crack welded, and just had them fill in the hole while at it.  I found some other way to attach the cable guide.  I would suggest that you inspect that beam at the bend, and then just enjoy using it.
Take care,
John MaxwellFerndale CA