[AT] OT Computers and programs

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jul 27 13:46:45 PDT 2019

I use Gstar Cad.  It was about $400 and serviced by an 80yr old fellow
in New Jersey.  He speaks english!!  The program has served me very well
drawing most all Civil engineering projects I do.  I mostly use 2D, but
when I get into contours I have finally figured out how to redraw 3d
contour lines so we can figure yardage.  I got the version with the
dongle that plugs into the back of my computer.  I can load it on as
many computers as  want but only the one with the dongle will run it.  I
had autocad 2000 and got a virus in the computer and lost my autocad.
That is when I found out they had switched to subscription.  No way I
can afford the subscription..
Cecil