[AT] tractor relationships

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 04:30:15 PDT 2019

To my knowledge, no relation. However that side of the family has never
been researched very much (at least by any one I know). For whatever
reason, family history always was concentrated on dad's mother's side.
They lived in the same area for over 200 years until WWII caused
virtually all of them to be displaced to build a military base.

Regarding my preference for IH, its mainly just old stuff--no real
preference on newer machines. Dad worked for 23 years for the local IH
dealer.  Also being knee deep in tobacco country, IH tractors were
everywhere as that is what 99% of the farms used up until the early/mid
80's.

If you are ever in the area, go see the Cyrus McCormick historical site.
Its one of those state historic sites that hardly anyone knows exists.
Its self guided tour of 2-3 buildings, lots of models IH built for a
Worlds Fair on display.

John Hall