[AT] Tractor Hauling pickup

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Dec 4 18:20:30 PST 2019

Ken,

My son has an 85 GMC Jimmy. We went to a off-road shop in Houston, and they installed limited slip as I recall.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 4, 2019, at 6:05 PM, Ken Knierim <ken.knierim at gmail.com> wrote:

Steve,
   Do you happen to have any recommendations for my stock 86 K5 Blazer 10 bolt to upgrade it to limited slip?
Just back from a (wet) hunting trip and limited slip would have been a nice thing to have... and those axles I have are pretty tired.

Now that I've put EFI on the truck and it runs fine, the rest of the truck is coming under scrutiny. :)

Thanks!

Ken in AZ

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 4:53 PM Steve W. <swilliams268 at frontier.com<mailto:swilliams268 at frontier.com>> wrote:
James Peck wrote:
> The Toyota Tacoma comes with a factory Torsen rear end.
>
> Does anyone have experience with retrofit of limited slip or locking
> differentials. 14 years ago or so I was in a place that manufactured
> the sets.

Unfortunately I have lots of practice with the G-80 POS limited slip GM
used..... Thing wasn't called the grenade 80 for nothing.

I've also installed pretty much every other type from clutch units to
detroit lockers and a few ARB air lockers as well as some of the newer
electronic units.

--
Steve W.