[AT] Tractor Hauling pickup

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu Dec 5 15:23:01 PST 2019

Dennis Johnson wrote:
> Ken,
>
> My son has an 85 GMC Jimmy. We went to a off-road shop in Houston, and
> they installed limited slip as I recall.
>
> Dennis

I hope it was a unit better than the G80 from Eaton/GM.
The G80 uses a swinging weight to engage it when there is a 100-120 rpm
difference between the axles. The problem is that transfers a LOT of
force into the housing at the weight and wedges. It can handle that a
few times but if you do much real low traction driving it's a lot like
hitting the differential case with a 15 pound hammer every time it
engages. After a while things start to give.

--
Steve W.