[AT] Auction

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 10:42:32 PDT 2019

Cecil: That configuration sounds about ideal for a good flexible farm
truck. I have an old 1965 IHC 1600 Loadstar with a good steel floor bed and
hoist. It just has a 6 cylinder in it. I forget which one and I was not
smart enough to write it down in my notes (increasing CRS has made me
better at keeping notes). It is just a granny 4 speed but is geared pretty
low. Not bad on power but at 55 MPH it is wound out a lot tighter than I
really like to run one for any distance. I've never even tried to push it
up above 60. A 2 speed axle with the low geared like this one is and a
higher range for running lighter would about make this truck.
I don't have a valid use for it and parked it s number of years ago due to
health problems and failing tires (the truck's not mine). I have not
started it recently but have spun it over with the starter. I got a steal
on a full set of new tires (4 lug type and 2 steering type) where a guy had
put a complete new set on his old truck then something had happened to the
truck. I bought the tires from a part time scrapper who had just cut the
wheels from hole to hole in the dish to take them off. I couldn't use those
wheels on my IHC even if he had removed them without damage. I gave him
$200 for the set. I have visions of using it to haul tractors to shows. I
don't usually go very far to shows. Portland is just under 100 miles and
that is about as far as I go. Not very practical but I see my Farmall Super
MTA freshly painted and sitting on that IHC truck also freshly painted...
... and that is why we tend to keep a whole lot of "stuff" that we probably
shouldn't.  :-)  I'm old enough now (77) that I don't think that I have to
be practical anymore.
I spoke of keeping notes... I have become fond of "Evernote" for a lot of
stuff and I also use MS's "OneNote" for some things. Kind of a learning
curve at first for an old geezer but it seems natural now.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA