[Farmall] New needles don't fit baler right

William Ransom william_ransom at SoftHome.net
Thu Jun 30 12:04:28 PDT 2005

We just got new needles for the International model 46 baler, since the old
ones were bent. When we went to put the new ones on it, we found that while
they could be in the right position when the bolts weren't in them, when
they were bolted on, they were too far back and hit the parts that are
riveted on under the knotters or the twine discs. What would cause this to
happen? Do you have any idea what to do about it? If the thing the needles
bolt to is bent or twisted, can it be fixed?