[Farmall] Opinions on a Farmall 460 Utility

Lane Freeman somopharm at rcn.com
Thu Jun 30 10:27:34 PDT 2005

John,
I'm no expert on a 460 Utility but I'll try to help a little.  I understand
your need for a live PTO,  once you have one you never want to go back to
non-live when you have PTO work to do.  A tractor of this era should have a
lever on the right side of the seat with a push button on the front side to
lock it in and out of engagment when you pull the lever back to engage or
front to disenagage.  There will be a similar lever on the left side if it
has a Torque Amplifier.  This tractor should have live PTO but maybe it was
offered without.  If it was non-live then it probably will have a pull rod
behind the seat attaching to the side of the PTO unit.
Hope this helps,

Lane Freeman