JD pawl needed- was Re: [AT] Really depressing loss of old iron...

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 17 21:31:05 PDT 2005

Grant:

You are welcome. This is good!  What all on the list should be aware of is
these 860,000 parts in stock are for almost all brands of equipment, not
just JD. This outfit picks up obsolete inventory from tractor dealers, then
warehouses and computer inventories them so we consumers can see via their
web site if they have that part in stock.

I have found "NOS" parts in their stock that I couldn't even find "used"
anywhere else.  For example: I have tried to find and collect the many
different Mast Brackets that adapted JD's implements to JD's 800 series
hitches. There are around 16 different versions of these. When I started
this goofy little adventure I had seen only one and only knew about a couple
more. After much research I found out there were a bunch more I didn't even
know about and had never even seen in person.

So, for some goofy reason, I set out on an objective of trying to find all
of them, never expecting to find them all much less find NOS versions. Well,
I have found 13 of the 16 different known versions, that I am aware of, and
almost half of them are NOS primarily due to becoming aware of the "Parts
Depot".

I have a picture of my progress on collecting these oddball relics at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/hitches/jd/800_series-1/mast_brackets/

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door