[AT] RE: B Allis

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sat Jun 11 02:33:05 PDT 2005

    Dallas;
    I would think the asking price is out of line with the
market. The noise coming from the front of the engine may be
from the governor counterweights. There should be an oil feed
line from behind the oil filter going to the magneto housing to
supply oil to the governor. This line may be plugged with sludge
or may have been removed altogether. If the oil supply is cut
off to the governor, the fly-weight pins will wear and allow the
weights to hit the housing. This can eventually destroy the
front of the engine.
    I sold a real good running "B" with a 5 foot belly for $1800
last year. It had new tires and seat and a good older paint job
and recent motor rebuild.

                Gene