[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:04:14 PDT 2005

Art,  Thanks.  There is a new Menards store that just opened here in
Kearney.   I am afraid with almost any lumberyard and superhardware store
(Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc.) that I have deal with in recent years
I have had to watch the quality of lumber pretty closely.

Thanks again,  and I did not know how Menards got started.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

Arthur Umland <artsd at aol.com>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
06/10/2005 12:24 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

    After I had purchased my pole building package from Menards I learned
that the company started business in WI by selling and erecting pole
buildings! Menards is interesting in that they sell some very good
quality items and some really cheap stuff. After purchasing lumber
directly from their store for several projects over the years, I had
learned to watch for lumber quality. Fortunately, you get to pick and
choose your lumber pieces when you purchase from their local store.

    So it was a leap of faith when I purchased the pole barn package based

largely on video display and after visiting with the people at the
materials desk. The package was delivered and the materials were of
excellent quality. I did have a couple of shortages in the hardware
area and a piece of steel, but those items were readily supplied with
no questions asked.  There were a couple of technical questions
regarding how the design was to be assembled as planned by the
engineers, but with some effort we were able to resolve that. The local
Menards staff did not have the answer on one particular issue, and it
took some time to contact the central facility that finally provided
the necessary details. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Art      :)