[Farmall] Machine Shed and Shop

Arthur Umland artsd at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 10:24:23 PDT 2005

    After I had purchased my pole building package from Menards I learned
that the company started business in WI by selling and erecting pole
buildings! Menards is interesting in that they sell some very good
quality items and some really cheap stuff. After purchasing lumber
directly from their store for several projects over the years, I had
learned to watch for lumber quality. Fortunately, you get to pick and
choose your lumber pieces when you purchase from their local store.

    So it was a leap of faith when I purchased the pole barn package based
largely on video display and after visiting with the people at the
materials desk. The package was delivered and the materials were of
excellent quality. I did have a couple of shortages in the hardware
area and a piece of steel, but those items were readily supplied with
no questions asked.  There were a couple of technical questions
regarding how the design was to be assembled as planned by the
engineers, but with some effort we were able to resolve that. The local
Menards staff did not have the answer on one particular issue, and it
took some time to contact the central facility that finally provided
the necessary details. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Art      :)