[AT] New to me

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Mon Sep 26 06:44:53 PDT 2022

Just wanted to give everyone a little update. As you recall, I ordered the studs through Napa. They ordered them because a store in Kentucky showed inventory. But of course, as it often turns out, the store in fact did not have any. So they tried to order from the manufacturer who said those studs have been discontinued and they canceled the order.

As you may also recall, my local store had three. But I needed 4(hence the order). So what I did was I bought those three and I made my own 4th stud out of a grade 5, 4” bolt.  Can you spot the homemade stud?  (-:

 I hope the lack of black oxide treatment doesn’t matter in my lifetime.   Seriously doubt it.  The length of the nut end thread is not quite as long but it doesn’t matter in this case.  Still plenty long enough.

PS: Cecil, here you can see the very different thread lengths of typical tap-ended studs that are used for manifolds.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone