[AT] Ukraine, very short update

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:38:10 PDT 2022

Hi,
You are doing great and though I've only used a small part of your money
it's made a big difference. Today I've used som money for a children car
seat. We've got a lot of donated ones but needed one more. When I'll get to
it I'll make a document showing how much I've got and how much I've spent.
So far you've reached 1400 $ and I've spent a little less than 200.
Remember we get most things for free but this money is so useful when not,
no regulations only your trust in me and my willingness to make most of it.
There's much going on but let me tell you 'bout Igor. Igor arrived friday
and was the only man. He is 54 and suffering from a stroke nine years ago.
He has trained him self to be able to "walk" around on crouches, the kind
that goes all the way to the armpit like in an old war movie. He was living
next to an airfield that's been bombed several times, with poultry and
other animals. He believe he is treated like a king here, first he arrived
at the old city hall (18th century built after the last time the Danes
burned down the town) and said it was a castle. It's nice but smaller. Then
we had him sleeping at hotel (really fine one, for free) near the hospital
to have then evaluate his health. All he wanted although was to live where
he could wake up to the rooster. So my neighbour Akko who are the "leader"
of all this took him under her wings today.
Unknowing that he already went there we arrived at her place tonight for
some sauna and I saw him through the window of her guesthouse. We went
there and our neighbour and another volunteer arrived with Vodka and
glasses to greet him welcome. We did that but after we managed to use my
phone for letting him call home, which he last time did in Poland 10 days
ago.
We tried his phone first with a Swedish SIM-letting you call for free that
I've been given by a phone company, then we used my phone. After so many
signals that we all were convinced that the answering machine would answer
his brother answered! They spoke for awhile, very shortly I believe Igor
thought it was expensive for me and the smile on Igor's face even though
afterwards when we asked him through Google translate how it were with his
brother and family he only answered "bombed".
We've made so many other things... I'm so proud of some people around me.

Kind regards

Mattias

P.s. today I've also had time for a ten mile walk with the dogs and even
chopping some firewood that I transported with the Boxer(tractor reference)