[AT] Engine Heater

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:21:05 PST 2022

I use a "Kat's" brand lower radiator hose heater.  600W straight into the
coolant, although, unlike the freeze plug heater, some of the heat is
headed for the radiator. On my tractor, access to the freeze plugs is a
major challenge, so that swayed my decision.  It works quite well but as
Spencer also mentioned, you really want to give it a couple hours to do its
thing.  In exceptional cold I'd consider blanketing the radiator, and maybe
leave the heater on all night long if you can't wait in the AM.

Steve O.