[AT] Engine Heater

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Jan 22 19:47:23 PST 2022

Carl,

We used to use diesel fired heaters to warm up oil field engines. They are a bit on the expensive side, but they could heat up a 2000 HP engine where it would start in about an hour at -40 degrees.
They make smaller ones of these - school bus heaters, etc.
I have often thought about trying to make something simpler, where you could pipe coolant to a port on the head, and have a lower port for suction, and then uses a simple pipe where you could add heat with a propane torch. The temperature would cause the hot fluid to rise and circulate it. It could work remotely where there is now power.
The plug in electric heaters would be simpler, but where is the challenge in them??

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad