[AT] Need some help, hard starting CR950 Briggs / Ash

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:07:46 PST 2022

I  should have been more clear... These are Chinese Elm that my parents and
I planted in the early 1950's. Old and dying now the one I dropped this
week was about 30" at about 30" stump height.
I also intended to mention that the very small room I want to build is to
be well insulated and heated when needed, probably timer controlled.

.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 8:11 AM Carl Gogol <cgogol1971 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad your splitter is back in service!  Surprised you have elm to split.
> Elm virtually disappeared in central NY in the early to mid-1960’s thanks
> to the Dutch elm disease.  Now the Emerald ash Borer has to this point
> exceeded 90% kill of the ash near Syracuse.  I was lucky to get ours
> harvested just a week ago.  The Chinese started buying ash again and it has
> made it practical to now sell.  I was told that among its other uses it is
> treated to look like Chestnut (I think).
>
> Carl, Manlius NY
>

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 10:54 PM Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I pulled the starter rope and it started right up... We split about half a
> trailer load of dead but solid elm blocks. It ran perfectly the whole time.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com