[AT] Need some help, hard starting CR950 Briggs / Ash

Carl Gogol cgogol1971 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:10:52 PST 2022

Glad your splitter is back in service!  Surprised you have elm to split.  Elm virtually disappeared in central NY in the early to mid-1960’s thanks to the Dutch elm disease.  Now the Emerald ash Borer has to this point exceeded 90% kill of the ash near Syracuse.  I was lucky to get ours harvested just a week ago.  The Chinese started buying ash again and it has made it practical to now sell.  I was told that among its other uses it is treated to look like Chestnut (I think).

Carl, Manlius NY