[AT] Tractor battery

Phil Auten pga2 at basicisp.net
Wed Oct 27 07:02:15 PDT 2021

I have had very bad luck with WalMart batteries. A co-worker and I
bought the same battery the same day off of a pallet at Sam's Club. They
both failed the same way within 2 weeks of each other after about 9
months. We started our vehicles at home and drove to work. When we came
out after work there was nothing, not even a click. Not sure what the
issue was, just replaced the battery with a more reputable brand.

The original Motorcraft battery in my 2009 F150 was still going, but not
strong, when I replaced it preemptively in 2018. When my 2014 Fusion was
totaled, it still had the original 7 year old Motorcraft battery in it
and it was working well. I replaced the battery in my Granddaughter's
2011 Fusion, purchased used, with a Motorcraft from the car dealer
because I was unable to locate a proper replacement that would fit and
allow the hood to close. Price was only slightly higher than WalMart.

My 2¢, Phil in TX