[AT] Air lines for shop: Finished with review

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Wed Nov 3 12:44:54 PDT 2021

Wow. Take my email license away.  First I sent Rogers message to the list, then I replied to Steve personally instead of the list. Too busy and scatterbrained these days; need to slow down.  Apologies in advance to Steve for a second copy of this.

Definitely not a bum steer.  It’s very interesting to hear you say that you did not have trouble lifting long pieces. For instance putting a 19 foot piece up over a light fixture was literally impossible:  I just ended up with a big rainbow with both ends on the floor.  I had to have my wife help me with that piece for example.  With that flexibility would think getting it nice and straight would be easy but it really wasn’t. Not hard mind you, but you couldn’t just hum a few bars and fake it either.

I think your wooden block idea was pretty good.   I tried a similar solution(steel ring) and it helped unroll but not really straighten.

I am glad I used it and hope it didn’t come across as a negative review.  I would recommend it for anyone and was impressed at how not a single fitting-to-tube connection leaked air.   That definitely would not of happened with steel pipe and would’ve happened at least a few times with copper considering my soldering skills.   All the leaks I had were NPT leaks at the terminal equipment.

Thanks for the info Steve and everyone else.  Maxline is good stuff and I recommend it and if anyone has any more questions I will be glad to answer them.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone