[AT] Steve and tools (Gopher Call)

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Wed May 19 08:05:27 PDT 2021

Like Brad, gotta say I'm skeptical, but also curious.  Any user reviews,
Steve?

https://www.centraltools.com/kgc-gopher-call.html

> Steve,
>
> So, I stumbled across this gopher call. Really? Any knowledge about
> this product? If I can sit in my dining room with that and my pellet
> gun, city limits puts the kybosh on the .17HMR, I'd be a happy man. So
> please tell me more! That will push me over the free shipping limit.
> Brad

Googling, I did find one post praising it on a predator forum:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=675112

*Redfrog I have the above **K.C. Gopher Call, it works like a charm,
especially usefull at rimfire sorts of ranges. The science (from a U of
Lethbridge site) is that gopher (richardson ground squirels) have two
basic warning calls one for aerial predators (shorter and variable
pitch) and one for ground predators (longer single pitch). Thier
reaction is different for the two calls the short one they take cover
(aerial attacks are fast) with the long call there tendency is to stand
up and look for the threat. Which exposes them to be shot.**
*

*
**Typical routine with me is to :**
**find an area that has them **
**sit down**
**shoot the ones dumb enough to not hide**
**shoot the ones dumb enough to come out to see what all the shooting is
about**
**start caling**
**shoot the ones dumb enough to come out to see where the trouble is.**
**
**Move to the next likly spot and repeat.**
**
**The furthest I have had them stand up is 200ish, weather they stood
because of the call at that range it is hard to prove, but under 100 it
is really obvious that it works.**
**
**It is so worth the 20$ don't leave home without it *