[AT] Local sawmill with huge inventory (Now scrap prices) O.T.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat May 22 15:11:41 PDT 2021

I don't have much scrap now (at least that I want to sell)  :-)
I do have a piece of crap car that a renter left at our rental house. His
wife wrecked it and he was going to save the engine and tranny but then he
got stopped for smoking pot while on probation for drug charges and went to
jail. He was a good paying renter but his wife was awful. When he got
arrested the first time she voiced her opinion (to me) that it was silly
that he was such a fanatic about paying the rent on time. She got way
behind while he did time but when he got out he caught it up right away. I
talked to the drug task force people about whether I should toss him out
then but they said that they knew that the "house" was not involved and
that it was kind of handy knowing where he was so I let him stay. The
second time though I refused to take him back. I had already evicted his
wife who sold everything he owned while she was moving. No title on the
piece of crap... It has been about 3 years. It was sitting out in front of
the garage on its roof. I didn't want to get all involved in chasing stuff
down so we took a semi and a skid steer over and flipped it upright and sat
it on the flat bed then out in a back lot here. I have a friend with a
salvage yard and I need to ask him about what sized pieces it needs to be
in...  :-)  And what parts need to be used to help  anchor some new corner
post in concrete...  :-)  Just thinking out loud here.  :-)
The poor guy also had a nice motorcycle, a pickup and a decent other car
which his wife forged his signature on the titles of and sold  them. She
died shortly after that so he is just "out". He should have left the pot
alone.
---
I need to check aluminum prices. I need some new painted steel roofing. I
have a lot of new aluminum that my folks bought at a factory auction back
in the 1960's. I have hundreds of sheets of it that had been a canceled
order for a mobile home factory that had gone under. It's 4' x 10' sheets,
kind of an ugly green/blue/aqua color. I've never miked it but I am
guessing that it is about 26 gauge. I did use some of it to line a 3,000 bu
ear corn crib (Round with a dome roof like a metal silo but perforated) to
hold shelled corn. I have an Amish business friend that has a large steel
business that we have used a number of times. He has a lot of his own
forming equipment. Maybe he has a potential market and I could work a deal
to trade sheet aluminum for painted steel at some kind of fair to both of
us ratio.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA