[AT] 12V DC motor.

Bill Brueck bill at apluscomputer.com
Wed Mar 10 19:25:43 PST 2021

Cecil, could you post pics of the brush holder arrangement.  I have cores from that vintage and if it's like the automotive/industrial starters I'll probably have a brush holder for you.  And I'm set up to expedite ship.  Yeah, most of the units I've seen like you describe are Ford as they had the shaft sticking out the end of the starter, thus easy to modify to drive something.  Often a winch on the front of someone's Jeep.  And if it's Ford and the insulation is shot on the holder, common failure, you have room to work to reinsulate it and use a small bolt if you don't have rivets handy.

B²
Bill Brueck
   Pine Island, MN USA