[AT] Airflow calculations of perforated metal for radiator screens

magreer67 magreer67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:24:42 PDT 2021

Wouldn't that be 56% blockage and 44% open to flow through?Mark GreerSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net> Date: 6/17/21  11:34 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com Subject: Re: [AT] Airflow calculations of perforated metal for radiator screens
    The .188 diameter staggered pattern gives .444 sqin hole area
      over a 1 sq in area.  So I guess it would result in a 44%
      blockage.  However it would be tabout 5 inches from the grille and
      then the A/C condensor sets about 6 inches back from that.  I
      think there would be sufficient room to pull air from above and
      below.  It just may cause some additional drag at high speeds.  I
      think I will try it and make it easy to remove in case it blocks
      too much airflow.  I have to do something.  Time and ability to
      work on this stuff gets more valuable daily...
      Cecil

    On 6/17/2021 7:48 PM, Brad Loomis