[AT] Airflow calculations of perforated metal for radiator screens

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jun 17 20:34:16 PDT 2021

The .188 diameter staggered pattern gives .444 sqin hole area over a 1
sq in area.  So I guess it would result in a 44% blockage.  However it
would be tabout 5 inches from the grille and then the A/C condensor sets
about 6 inches back from that.  I think there would be sufficient room
to pull air from above and below.  It just may cause some additional
drag at high speeds.  I think I will try it and make it easy to remove
in case it blocks too much airflow.  I have to do something.  Time and
ability to work on this stuff gets more valuable daily...
Cecil