[AT] Airflow calculations of perforated metal for radiator screens

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 02:55:57 PDT 2021

I haven't done flow calculations in a long, long time, and Fluids was not
among my favorite subjects back in school... so with that said, my gut
feeling is that Mark's 56% blockage is probably somewhere in the right
ballpark but dependent on factors like whether the airflow is laminar or
turbulent, maybe Reynold's numbers.... now I'm just spewing stuff I learned
40 years ago.  Mostly to say, there might not *be* a good way to calculate
this outside of a lab with a flow bench; really, the thing to do is try it,
and take measurements.  No idea if you can see high-side pressure while on
the road but I doubt it.  Any readouts for coolant or trans temperatures?

SO