[AT] Air conditioning problems In my parts getter...

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Sat Jun 12 13:53:16 PDT 2021

Cecil:

This has been known about propane and isobutane for many years...but in
some states, putting that blend into auto a/c would earn you thousands
of dollars in fines, due to the perceived safety hazard. The way that
1970's and earlier cars leaked refrigerant I'd say that the penalties
were not a bad idea; maybe it's less true today. IIRC, 80% propane and
20% isobutane has almost exactly the same refrigerant curves as R-12,
and it will carry the same lubricants through a system, too. But if I
still owned a vehicle built for R-12, I wouldn't do it!

Mark J