[AT] OT - spam

Howard Pletcher hrpletch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:41:54 PDT 2021

I find Gmail's handling of various emails incomprehensible.  I had to
create a filter to keep many, but not all, of the emails from this group
from going to Spam (Is this an indication of google's estimation of the
value of our discussions?).  Partzpicker's post would have gone there, but
Jim's didn't.  But I have had no success in getting Gmail to classify the
Geico or CBD spam as such.  I have created filters that delete messages
with these titles before I see them.  I do like it's putting some obvious
spam in the spam folder, just not enough.

I do find that it puts too many things directly into Trash, particularly
those with attachments like newsletters of which I get quite a few for
posting on another website so I have to check my Trash at least once a day
to retrieve these emails and others that end up there.

Howard

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 2:48 AM Jim Becker <mr.jebecker at gmail.com> wrote:

> This email went in my spam folder.  No kidding!
>
> Jim Becker

Howard