[AT] Questions on a 1975? Allis 7030 and 7050

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 12 08:12:15 PDT 2021

Steve.. :
I think that is what I meant.  There is just not enough room inside a V
Block to get  the stroke for the torque that an inline six can
provide.   However, when you take a 6 cyl pver 2200 RPM you induce
either vibrations in the rotating parts,  or something in the mechanical
fuel pump and injectors that goes haywire. Perhaps the pulses in the
injector lines creates waves that get out of time.  When Cat came out
with the HEUI system engines could go to higher RPM.   I think that is
because the injectors could work faster and the fuel was taken to so
much higher pressures. The HEUI injectors are compressing the fuel right
at the cylinder.  A V style engine could run at a much higher RPM due to
the HEUI system.  I am not a big fan of a computerized system, but the
7.3 Power Stroke engines were some of the greatest in my opinion.

Cecil