[AT] Questions on a 1975? Allis 7030 and 7050

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jul 10 17:47:14 PDT 2021

2200 RPM is the top RPM of an inline diesel.  Inline engines were built
for torque, not speed.   I think part of the problem was the mechanical
pumps.  at high speeds the fuel in the injector lines sets up waves and
misfire resulting in bent rods, burned pistons, etc.  HEUI helped to
solve that.    That 426 engine is a great engine in the 7030, at 136 hp...
Cecil