[AT] OT- Dual boot

cgs oxygenfarm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:05:39 PST 2021

In further support, after Steve's, my desktop is an 8-year old Gateway,
my main laptop an 8-year old HP Elitebook (a prime business machine in
its day), and I collect old laptops to renew with Mint (Mate edition is
most comfortable to me; I'm currently on v. 19.3) and an inexpensive SSD
drive (under $30) to replace a slow and old HD.
No viruses; no clogged Registry; no exorbitant new equipment costs;
works well with 2-4 GB memory.
Its a good feeling, like putting a solidstate ignition in an old tractor.
I guess there's some pride in using something old but functional (like
an old Farmal or Economy!) which just does what is needed.

Charlie