[AT] Cub - Update

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Thu Jul 9 19:43:49 PDT 2020

Two notes on this:

The national right to repair movement is worth supporting. It’s endorsed and fought for by several organizations. You might want to look into it and see what you can do to help.

As for the JD dealerships, I know exactly what you mean. We had a local John Deere dealership here in our little town of Pfafftown. Smitherman’s. They basically had to sell out to James River equipment or lose their John Deere dealership, which was everything to them.

I hate to see what kind of deal they got since they were over the barrelhead.

As for the JD dealerships, I know exactly what you mean. We had a local John Deere dealership here in our little town of Pfafftown. Smitherman‘s. They had to sell out to James River equipment (big regional) or try to make it on their own on the few lawn equipment lines they carried in addition JD Ag and lawn and garden.  It was a no-win deal for them I am sure. They had no choice but to sell I feel certain.

They have one or two of the old staff but most left within the first few years.  Everyone lost in that deal except James River.   I wouldn’t patronize them except I realize it’s not really James River’s fault either. They were bigger than everyone else in region and were probably hand picked by Deere to take it all over.  They had a golden opportunity and took advantage of it.  I’m pretty sure I probably would have done the same as much as I hate to admit it. Plus the closest non-James River John Deere dealer is way too far away to drive. So I’m pretty much stuck with them.  Especially when you consider I could probably ride my bike to the James River dealer here in Pfafftown.

http://www.jamesriverequipment.com/locations/pff.aspx

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone