[AT] OT Draft Exemption Exam

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:37:55 PST 2020

I had a high school classmate (class of 1960) who had permanently lost the
use of one hand when a little younger. I bump into this classmate now and
then now. The son of our farm associate who bought half of the farm and
rented it back to us and worked with us some in a few partnerships, got
polio when he was about 10 or 11 and required an iron lung. The problem was
there was no iron lung available... The associate owned a tool and die
business and made a lot of money during the tooling for WW-II and the
retooling after the war. He bought an iron lung for his son's use and after
he was cured they donated it to the hospital. His son who was a few years
older than I, made a full recovery. He was lucky in his recovery and lucky
that his father could afford to provide the iron lung. Many others were not
as fortunate... I sometimes wonder how many others that same iron lung may
have helped.

.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 9:03 PM deanvp <deanvp at att.net> wrote:

> Polio in NW Iowa was also very scary. We had enough cases that scared the
> bejesus out of everyone.
> We didn't know how it was transmitted so everyone became very protective.
> Rightfully so. Public gatherings almost came to an end. All kinds of
> theories were floating around.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  It
> was a ghostly enemy and we didn't know what we had to do to avoid it. Don't
> ever want to through that again ...ever.
>

> Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com