[AT] OT - unsecured servers

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Fri Jan 3 20:18:44 PST 2020

Yea, TOR isn’t for everyone - just those that care enough about anonymity to use it.   I personally don’t use it.  Brave has been looking promising ever since they ditched muon and based it on Chromium.  Browsers, as far as security and privacy go, rank typically like this(depending on the release and the reviewer).  Best to worst:

TOR
Firefox
Brave
Chromium(not the same thing as Chrome!!!)
Safari
Chrome
Everything else you shouldn’t use

Brave may take 2nd in 2-3 years.  The current concerns with their ICO (most of the coins ended up in a small group of advertisers, kind of defeating the purpose) and their whole model keeps them behind Firefox.  But if they get the backend stuff in the light of day and working smoothly they might have something.

Spencer
Sent from my iPhone