[AT] David Brown

John Maddock agtronixjv at southcom.com.au
Tue Feb 4 23:28:08 PST 2020

On the TEA-20 we had, the hood was Al, as well as the gearbox, possibly
the steering box. Standard materials, AFAIK.

If one was burned in a bushfire (as happened here in '67) the gearbox &
hood melted, leaving the machine with its gearbox innards exposed. Sad!

Post WW2, Land Rover bodies were made of Al., coz it was readily available
(scrapped aircraft) & cheap.

JV