[AT] David Brown

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 21:27:05 PST 2020

Is the TEA-20 hood stamped aluminum? Does it have the Standard engine. This is new info for me.

Aaron Dickinson AT List Member and soda blastor (a_dickinson at att.net); My 1952 Ferguson TEA-20 has aluminum transmission housing and cover, aluminum oil pan, aluminum timing cover, and aluminum hood. Seems there are some other aluminum castings as well (steering box?)

James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); If my memory serves me correctly, Harry Ferguson designed the Ferguson Brown Type A with the rear half an aluminum casting. That was probably an issue he was wrong about. Is there any record of him having admitted that lightening a tractor by using aluminum castings was probably counterproductive?

Thomas Martin AT List Member (mailto:tmartin at xtra.co.nz); claims  the Type A was more David Brown than Fergie...