[AT] 430V Freeze plug

Howard Pletcher hrpletch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:39:01 PST 2020

I suspect the freeze plug term originated about the time a Model T first
froze up, whether that one protected the block or not and to people not
having a clue about how blocks were made, the term seemed to make sense and
it has stuck for 100 years.  Not unlike the capacitor in your ignition
system that everyone calls a condenser.

Howard