[AT] [OT How now rusty cow

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:13:49 PST 2020

People were trying to use cow magnets to increase road vehicle MPG. I do not know if it was tried on tractors. No actual agency testing occurred. The practice died out so it must not have worked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1980/10/19/cow-magnets-in-cars-are-new-rage-for-gas-conscious-westerners/156b93d4-363d-4fbf-b941-e15b13bb7823/

Bill Bruer AT List Member (bill_bru at bellsouth.net<mailto:bill_bru at bellsouth.net>); The cow magnet is properly known as a rumen magnet.  I kept one below the filter in the hydraulic filter housing on an IH Farmall 686.  It would always be covered in a fine metallic fuzz.  Happily, there was never anything larger stuck to it.