[AT] 1935 JD B Testing progress.

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:59:36 PST 2020

> On Dec 2, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (3) Next up, the deck on my rental.  We've been renovating for a couple years and found some tenants this past August who wanted to occupy Oct 1.  The deck itself is sound, but the railings were a little sketchy and not up to modern code.  I went to the lumberyard to buy pressure-treat 2x4, 2x6, and precut balusters (for 72' of railings).  I left almost empty-handed.  PT in very short supply nationwide, I was told because of the lockdowns, everybody decided it was time to tackle that deck project and spend more time in their backyard.

Yep - I’m in the process of having my barn doubled in size with an addition that will be insulated and heated. From initial quote in July, to finally signing documents in October, the price of the wood involved went up several thousand dollars - eg sheets of OSB for the roof decking went from $17 to $25. The huge posts (made of 3 2x6 laminated together) went from around $170 to over $200 I think it was I was told.

Roger