[AT] 1935 JD B Testing progress.

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:53:42 PST 2020

> On Dec 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Mark Johnson <markjohnson100 at centurylink.net> wrote:
>
> I think I might understand the logic...with partial to complete COVID lockdowns, all us old farts are finally starting on those engine rebuild/restoration jobs we've been promising ourselves we'd work on for years & years.
>
> Engine machine work, especially on old designs not familiar to a machinist under 50, must doubtless take longer to set up and perform than other stuff. So, the backlog gets bigger than it would, say, if a bunch of us were overhauling small-block Chevrolets.
>
> Anybody else buy my theory? It's entirely possible I could be full of **** :-)

That works for me - I had to wait several months longer than expected for a set of wiring harnesses for my 1931 Franklin Deluxe Coupe car. The delay was 2 fold:

1 - people stuck at home working on projects they’d been putting off for years, so resulting in a large increase in orders
2 - COVID regulations causing a decrease in available workers, particularly for those who worked in close quarters with each other needing to be spread apart - which really meant that the workforce was reduced if the available space couldn’t be increased.

Roger