[AT] Engine oil

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Sun Aug 16 05:29:22 PDT 2020

Like Cecil, I am a 30w guy too. I am not fond of multi grade oils either. The fact that it defaults to the lower number when it breaks down, or if it doesn't get hot enough. I want to lubricate my engines with oil, not polymers.
My '93 F250 with the 5.8 calls for 10-30 which I have always used but recently it has been using a but of oil at 260,000 miles so I am changing it to 30w too. I had bad luck with 10-30 once in a GM 350 in a 2 ton truck. I had always run 30w in it and changed to 10-30, it developed a rod knock shortly thereafter.
It rarely gets below freezing here.
--
Sent from myMail for Android Saturday, 15 August 2020, 07:18PM -07:00 from Cecil Bearden  crbearden at copper.net :