[AT] pull cable PTO speed was rent a scan tool

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:47:36 PDT 2019

How about a slightly more sophisticated "stick" to push the pedal down a
bit?
.
https://www.google.com/search?q=toggle+clamp&client=ubuntu&hs=hNb&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwja6eKLqvjkAhVH1qwKHfrrALsQ_AUIEigC&biw=1089&bih=537
.
Just in case this link doesn't work (I see an Ubuntu {Linux} reference in
it) it is just a Google image search for toggle clamp. A lot of variety
comes up.

.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM Dennis Johnson <moscowengnr at outlook.com>
wrote:

> That should work if the signal is a simple variable voltage, but i think
> it might be something more complicated like a “pulse width modulation”
> signal.
>
> Dennis
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Sep 29, 2019, at 4:16 PM, James Peck <jamesgpeck at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So can you use a wire piercing DMM test lead to measure the actual
> voltage command to the engine. If you are maxing out the speed command I
> would agree with you. In either case, If you use a relay controlled by a
> toggle switch you could change the speed reference to a potentiometer that
> matches that of the accelerator pedal when you want the high idle speed.
> >
> > [ Cecil] The 3126B cat engine is a fly by wire.  There is no linkage...
> I had to bend the accelerator lever up since I had bent it against the
> firewall trying to get 65mph out of it hauling a tractor west on I-40.  My
> 30ft tandem dual trailer with the Belarus w/cab created enough wind
> resistance that with the slight upgrade going west 55-60 mph was all I
> could get out of it.  I would think that 275hp  would pull better. Going
> east It would make 70mph..  The upgrade just kills it.   That is why I
> think it needs a flash on the chip.
> >
> > My father had a 47 Dodge Power Wagon with the front and rear PTO
> options. He used the multiple vee belt belt pulley to drive a buzz saw on
> the back. You tossed the cut wood into the wood bottom bed. It had a pull
> cable to hold the idle up when sawing. He had wanted the three point hitch
> option but did not want to wait forever.
> >
> > What if you used a little pair of vise grips to hold the throttle cable
> in the position to give you the speed you want. Can you open the hood
> without a ladder?
> >
> > [Cecil Bearden]it got my hopes up, but they start at $299, and if you
> want to use their complete services it is a yearly contract for
> $299/month.   Maybe I can talk my local Chevy Dealer to look at it.  The
> engine was disconnected from the computer for over a year while we
> overhauled it.  I sometimes think maybe it lost some programming and needs
> to be reflashed.  I also would like to set the high idle switch to run at
> about 1500 RPM. However, before I spend $500 on it, I have to get a decent
> winch bed installed.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA