[AT] OT drain plug size

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Sep 30 18:51:35 PDT 2019

This is one of my parts getter vehicles for the old tractors.

My 2017 Grand Caravan oil plug rounded off with a 6 point socket. I have
no idea how the plug could get so tight running, but I changed the oil
the last time myself and did not over tighten the plug. I rounded the
head of the plug off with an impact socket. Had to borrow a pair of
Knipex alligator pliers from a friend to get it loose. He had to use
both hands and push against the tire to get it broke loose. I got a
replacement from O'reilly auto parts. It stated the plug was a M14x1.5
However it will not screw in 1/2 turn before it freezes up. I put in the
old plug as I had no choice. The mopar number is MOPAR 6506214AA but
this crosses over to the M14 x 1.5 plug that I had. A thread on the
earlier generation models stated that some had a 1/2 -20 threaded plug
as it had not changed over to metric completely. Anyone had this
experience??

Cecil