[AT] Cummins scan tool was OT Buck-Boost convertor for charging auxiliary battery

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Sep 29 19:44:51 PDT 2019

In about 2001 I bought a 95 F350 Power stroke diesel.  I had wanted a
diesel for years..  This one had a flat bed and was a single wheel
model.  I converted it to duals.  I had owned the "new"diesel about 3
days when I was driving home in 5:30 pm traffic and the accelerator just
quit working.  I was able to coast into a low area off the roadside
about 50 ft from the roadway.  I tried to make the strip mall parking
lot, but there was a car ahead of me and I did not have any power
steering.  I figured the accelerator cable had broken.  I raised the
hood and could not find the cable.  I called my Dad and he pulled me
home behind his new Chevrolet 1 ton.  He rally enjoyed that!!!   I got
home an into the shop and found there was not cable.  The heater coil in
the bottom of the fuel filter had shorted due to algae and water in the
fuel rotting out the fuel filter housing.  The coil shorted the main
fuse that also powered the engine control module.   A new filter housing
and I was back to running..
I also wish we could go back to the simple days of the throttle cables....
Cecil