[AT] OT litter spreader

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Sep 23 12:05:22 PDT 2019

Cecil Bearden wrote:
> I found a 3-5psi low pressure fuel pump from Amazon for about $14.   I
> probably will retire this truck and use the engine & transmission in my
> old chevy winch truck that has been out of commission for 10 years.  It
> was running on Propane, but I had to haul a combine to Eastern OK East
> of Tulsa, about 150 miles,  and the carb was flooding when we had to run
> on gasoline, the engine was trashed by the time we returned back home.
> It was a 292 Chevy 6 I pulled out of a 410 Massey Combine that had been
> sitting for about 3 years.  It ran good when the combine was parked.
>
> Cecil

Want a trick - get a Ford fuel filter that has a return line fitting on
it. Hook up the main line from the pump to the filter, the feed line to
the carb and the return line back to the tank. 99% of the time the
return line will be bypassing the fuel back to the tank and drops the
pressure enough that it won't push the needle open. It also can help a
lot if the engine compartment runs hot enough that you get vapor lock.
The bypass fuel keeps the flow of fuel cool.

--
Steve W.