[AT] Statistics In Tractor Manufacturing Was Bicycle Program

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:08:36 PDT 2019

Dean, the piston may have smacked the valve while it was stuck open.
Probably happened at shutdown while it was hot and there may have been a
backfire. Had it happen a couple times on one particular Briggs here (and a
second puked the head gasket). The valve guide sticks to the valve; I even
tried roll-pinning the guide in the head and it still loosed up.

Finally started replacing them with Longcin engines; the first one has been
good so far and another is soon to be ordered for a friend. They have
external oil filters (something I appreciate). And my son (12) is getting
pretty decent at small engine swaps (and wants to start on that old Mustang
out back) and loves driving mower tractors. :)

I'm looking for a larger deck if you have a spare. We have a 38" on one
that we 'd like to upgrade. :)

Ken in AZ