[AT] weighted tires or not???

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Sep 5 20:04:57 PDT 2019

Farmer:
I would bet the factory does not want the rear tires ballasted so the
hydrostat can slip if needed.  I recall a small new holland hydro
tractor a doctor friend had.  They weighted the rear tires and were
pulling loaded small trailers of cut firewood over the ranch with a lot
of steep hills.  The hydrostat did not last long.  A lot of those true
hydrostat transmissions cannot take the load.  I think that is the
reason for the constant variable transmission and the large number of
gears on the old power shift transmissions.
Cecil