[AT] OT Watch out for TICKS!!

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Sep 5 20:16:35 PDT 2019

This is not necessarily tractor related unless you are getting one out
of the tall grass....   I had a terrible itching on my foot early this
week.  I cannot feel my toes much due to the spinal nerve injury I
have.  The foot is also on the leg with the really bad knee.   After 2
days of scratching my toes, I got my better half to get a light and
magnifying glass out and look at my toes.   I had a very tiny tick
between my little toe and the one next to it.  So small it had to be
removed with tweezers.  The redness has nearly gone, and with Benadryl
ointment I have some relief from the itching.  Still  watching for any
signs of tick borne disease.   I never had a tick between my toes, but
due to the arthritis and other injuries, I can't check things as
thorough as I used to...

I mention this as I know we all get around the bugs and sometimes I
think the bugs are winning.  I got a fly in my eye last week and had to
go to the doctor for it.  I am not sure it still hasn't left a leg up
there under my eyelid.  Tonight, I walked out the back door and got
another one in my eye.  Its getting to where I have to wear safety
glasses all the time...
Cecil